Thursday, January 2, 2014

EN - A Photo Session with Erin


My friend Erin McAvoy and I have something in common.
We both love children and photography.

At the end of December 2013, she was visiting the island of Maui.
She used to live here (Maui), and she was studying early childhood education (going for Master's). She came to a school called ROOTS where I used to teach preschoolers and kindergarteners in one classroom. She observed and helped the children and me. 
She now works with infants in Los Angeles. She has a great love for young children as well as photography.

When we met at a cafe to catch up with one another, we found out that her passion for photography and my passion for Odissi could merge together, so we scheduled a mini photo session. 

And above and below are what came out of it.
Isn't Erin an amazing photographer already? 
I liked how she approached and saw the dance. I liked what she found in it.
I liked how she extracted a part of me and framed it with dignity for the dance and for herself as an artist.

She used her mighty new friend, Nikon D7000. It was a Christmas gift from her boyfriend. How sweet. He came with Erin to assist her - a cute couple. It was a team work among three of us, and we had fun together. 

Erin loves to take photos of people, so if you live in L.A. area and would like a photo shoot session with her, please contact Erin McAvoy at erindorothy79@gmail.com.

(By the way, on this day, I didn't really wear make up. I only drew a thin eye line and put a lip balm that has slight pinkish color. No foundation nor anything else. I thought that she wanted something simple. She also wanted to take shots of me practicing. But look how radiant I look in these photos. I thank her ability to bring that out of me.)






My personal favorite
私の一番のお気に入り










No comments:

Post a Comment