Saturday, January 11, 2014

EN - My Two Sweethearts


My beloved Sy who is like my nephew and just turned 4 years old said to me when he returned from a 2-week trip to the mainland, "Nana (he used to call me Nana before he could speak, so I ended up being Nana to him), I missed you more than you missed me!"

I was speechless for a second :)
I first thought, "Wow, where did you learn such line?"
But I can totally believe if he came up with it on his own.
He sure does know how to melt my heart, though.


Yasi (9-year-old, Sy's big sister) told me she could not sleep.
Standing on the lowest part of the ladder to her bank bed, I slowly, gently stroked her head - maybe for about 8 minutes until I could "see" her energy settled down.

It brought back a memory of my dad and mom (individually, though; not together) lightly, rhythmically tapping my back when I could not fall asleep. I think they were also standing on the lowest part of the ladder to my bank bed. I wonder what they were thinking...

When I was stroking Yasi's head, I was wishing her all the best in her life. My parents must have done the same. Because of their wishes, I am very happy with my life now.

It was something to realize that I have come a full circle. 

1 comment: