Thursday, May 8, 2014

EN - Love Letters from Children


Today, I'm not going to be modest. Sorry :-)
I'm going to share love letters from my students.

The above is a drawing/letter one of my students drew/wrote for me. She is a shy one; doesn't openly express much of her feelings. Therefore, it meant even more so to me...


Now, look carefully at this drawing and see the photo below.


It was a precise observation of me and my outfit by a girl in my class. I always think this and thought it again today that children are seeing everything. Therefore, I want to make sure that I pay a close attention to what I do and say, even something so subtle. I hope to be a good role model for them... 


Everyone is in the same outfit and pose :)


My name being misspelled adds even more cuteness.


Sweet eggs - the children's dreams are getting ready to be hatched, too.

My students sewed them. This was our 3rd sewing project, so most of them did it without any assistance. For that, they were very proud of themselves, and I was so proud of them!




On Mother's Day, they sewed this cute pouch even with an embroidery of "LOVE" for their mothers.


Some students are now hooked in sewing :-). So much so, they come to me during indoor recess (when it's rainy) and free time and ask if they could sew. So I have been keeping extra felt, strings, and needles for them to create whatever they want. I believe that this one is a bunny.



Leaves become special treasures once they're touched by the children.


Sometimes, I receive flowers from the children. I don't know where they find them.
This one is a Hibiscus as big as their faces.


This story doesn't have a photo to accompany, but it was so funny, so I have to share.
My students had been requesting to see me perform (dance). Whenever I perform, I let them know in advance, but not everyone can come to the events. So to fulfill their request, I showed them a video of myself dancing (performing). (In our classroom, we have a screen and a projector, so we can watch a video largely projected on the screen once I hook up with a laptop.) I stood in the back of the classroom supervising them from the back while they watched it. Then I overhead their conversations:

Student A: "That's a lot of moves for a teacher."
Student B: "Well, she is not that old. She is still 31! 31 is young."
Student C: "Yeah, and she is a dancer!"
I burst into laughter, but I had no other adult to share the moment, so I laughed by myself. They remembered my age precisely, which impressed me, too. I guess I am still young in their opinion. Yippee!


We had our last field trip at the end of April.
I ended up eating lunch with these boys who are rascals but very kind and hardworking boys. 
The main conversational topic was of course all about surf and waves :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment