Thursday, May 29, 2014

EN - The Last Day of School


Oh, that's me!
A very, very thoughtful and precious gift from one of my students...
It made me cry today. (It is printed on a canvas. 13 in. by 13 in.) 

The last day of school (with the children) is finally here...
I am looking back my last 6 full years of teaching life after I graduated from college. 
When I graduated, I hosted a ceremony (beside the commencement) to pray for my new upcoming passage. I prayed that I would become an instrument of God to protect, nurture, and nourish its children. As I look back, I see and feel the tremendous blessings I have received.

Becoming a teacher was my very first and my most sincerely sought-after dream since I was a kindergartener. I was able to make this dream come true (which somehow happened in a foreign country with my second language) because of your endless support and encouragement. 

Because of you, I was able to hear the bell-like laughter and watch mischievous smiles and light-filled eyes everyday. 

My heart is crying now with sincere appreciation. Thank you, thank you, and thank you...

My letter to the students...

"May 2014

When you do things from your soul,
you feel a river moving in you, a joy."
- Rumi

It was my great honor to spend a year with you.
I pray that  you will feel many "rivers"
throughout your life.
Also, please know that you are a river because
you are a beautiful soul and joy to the world.

I love you very much,

Miss Akari Ueoka"



My prayer for the every smile I had under my wings.


Thank you for these beautiful tulips.


One of heartfelt letters I have received.
They are my treasures.


Bye bye, "Miss Akari" and "Miss Ueoka."


Photo by one of my 2nd grade students (I wish to credit her or him, but I don't know which one since I was letting all of them use my camera.) I love photos children take. By seeing how they see the world, I was constantly reminded how beautiful this world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment