Thursday, April 24, 2014

EN - Cradled in April


I believe in you.
You can cross over.


Spring is here!
I can taste it in the air, 
smell it in the colors, and
hear it in the pulse of butterfly wings.
My heart stretches open to embrace them all.


Yay, rain stopped for a sec., so I took the kids (2nd graders) out and played a chain tag right before school ended. I ran full-speed, chasing 24 kids - a good way to build stamina for dancing by the way. I saw many smiles and heard happy shouts. I feel our bond gets stronger whenever we play together like that. I hope they remember playing with me and will play with their kids someday.


My cousin's first baby (a boy) was born (in Japan)! He is the first baby among my maternal side's cousins (the first great grandchild for my maternal grandparents although they're not on this planet any more), so everyone was excited! I hope I get to meet him pretty soon and hold him and kiss him.


Yay for being alive!
And yay for this beautiful earth!
I had a nice early morning surf session at Hookipa.



On the way home, one day...


Rain, rain, and rain...
Maui had a very wet winter and spring this year.


I was mesmerized by the vividness of this purple red.


And I looked up and saw these flowers.


My neighbor Lisa made this yummy smoothies, which I delightfully consumed at her cozy home as we chatted. Our landlord only allows artists to reside on his estate, so all the tenants are artists.
It is a special place.
I feel grateful to be able to casually chat and visit one another with people who are sensitive and keep and always looking into the deeper part of themselves. How wonderful.


Norimaki in Wappa
Wappa is a bento box made out of thinly sliced wood.
It smells good, and it makes food look fresh.


Thank you to my feet for dancing almost daily.
I have a red dot on the left big toe because I dropped a heavy flashlight on it last September. It has been moving to the tip of my nail slowly but surely. My students have been observing the progress. (I read a book to them after a lunch recess everyday, and I sit on a rocking chair when I do. I guess they had a good view of my feet as they sat around my feet.) Someone would always report, "Teacher, the red dot it almost off the edge." I appreciated their close attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment